Global International Relocation will not tolerate bribery
Corruption, bribery or attempted bribery is absolutely unacceptable. This is applicable whether offering a bribe or accepting a bribe. It is against the core values of business conduct at its highest legal, moral and ethical essence of Global International Relocation.
Bribery and corruption are controlled by national and international laws and statutes. These laws require companies to have rigorous, proactive assessments in place to detect and prevent corrupt practices.
Global International Relocation is committed to ethical and legal behavior, refraining from doing anything that could harm the organization, its affiliates, customers or industry. We will take steps to ensure that they are properly informed about applicable regulations and will monitor employees as well as business partners to ensure full and continued compliance.
Global International Relocation will ensure that they are aware of any and all applicable laws against bribery and corruption in all jurisdictions in which we operate, and we will fully comply with such laws.
The laws that apply to our business activities include those in which our activities take place, as well as others that govern international operations and citizens regarding their conduct, both at home and abroad.
As a demonstration of our commitment, we take a zero-tolerance stance on bribery and corruption. At all times, Global International Relocation will act professionally, fairly and with the utmost integrity in all dealings and relationships. This will apply to everything we can operate.
Code of Conduct
Global International Relocation, undertakes to:
- Never engage in any form of bribery, either directly or through any third party.
- Never offer or make an improper payment, or authorize an improper payment (cash or otherwise) to any individual, including any local or foreign official anywhere in the world.
- Never attempt to induce an individual, or a local or foreign official to act illegally or improperly.
- Never offer, or accept, money or anything of value, such as gifts, kickbacks or commissions, in connection with the procurement of business or the award of a contract.
- Never offer or give any gift or token of hospitality to any public employee or government official or representative if there is any expectation or implication for a return favour.
- Never accept any gift from any business partner if there is any suggestion that a return favour will be
expected or implied.
- Never facilitate payments to obtain a level of service which one would not normally be entitled to.
- Never disregard or fail to report any indication of improper payments to the appropriate authorities.
- Never induce or assist another individual to break any applicable law or regulation.